Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Washing Machine?

Soooo.....it's summer and the power grid is taxed so they ask us to do laundry at night. I'm good. I love to work at night. I do laundry at night all the time. No biggie. Never thought much of it.

Welll....that is until I moved into Casa de Lucy.

We do laundry during the day here. If the washer is going during the day it's no biggie and no one really notices. Turn the darn thing on at night and all hell breaks loose.

Gran doesn't like noise in the house when she goes to bed. Who knew the old lady's hearing was that great?

I put a load of laundry in one night and went to bed. Got up in the morning and it was done, transferred it to the dryer and went to turn the washer back on for load two.

Nothin. A low hum and that was it. No water, nothin.

Oh shit. I look to see that it's plugged in. Check.

I have no idea. But I know I'm late to work and will figure it out later. I call my mom.

Ma, the washer is broken. Great, I just gave mine away. Oh well. Figure it out.

The washer is 20 years old. Or more. If it were broken, it wouldn't be a shock.

Get a call later in the day and my mother is cracking herself up. REALLY laughing.

Washer you see is NOT broken. Not by a long shot. Granny didn't like the NOISE of the water rushing into the washer. So....she turned the water off. The washer works fine....the OLD LADY strikes again.

I will refrain from doing laundry at night.

*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment