Wednesday, July 22, 2009

BIRDS!!

It is summer. I am trying to cram as much sleep as I can into a short amount of time. Did I mention I love to sleep? I'm also a night owl. Which means I go to bed late and get up late. Works like a charm in the summer.

This morning I am in a lovely slumber, dreaming who knows what when all of a sudden I am rudely jerked from my delightful unconscious state by

AWWHHHEEWWHH

Thwap thwap twhap on the wall

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Thwap thwap thwap on the wall.

Now, seeing as how Lucy isn't the steadiest woman alive and has been known to fall, and seeing as how she's 91 I JUMP from my bed, wretch open the door and RUN into her room thinking she's on the ground hurt and yelling for help.

humpft.

Yeah right.

She's standing at the window, holding the curtain up pounding on the window making hideous noises as if she's in pain.

GRAN WHAT IN THE SAM HILL ARE YOU DOING??? YOU SCARED THE SHIT OUT OF ME.

"I'm yelling at the birds"

I stand there dumbfounded. You have to be kidding. Really?? It's 8 am. You are yelling at the BIRDS?? I turn on my heel and head back to bed. But of course my heart is pounding and I am AWAKE.

Then I start laughing.

This is SO my life.

1 comment: