Tuesday, September 8, 2009

it's gonna be a loooonnngggg year

It's gonna be a long year.

I know I haven't blogged in a while, but it's been a rough couple weeks. Gran has been in a snit, and has NOT been friendly to live with.

Lately we are closing up the house earlier and earlier and over and over again. We are playing the open close game but she is yelling at me that it is HER HOUSE and I am being SASSY because I'm being 32 and having an opinion....and I'm not willing to live in the cave that this house is....a stuffy one at that.

So enough of my whining....let's talk about her recent escapades....

So Wednesday night is usually date night for me. It's the night that my boyfriend comes over and I cook dinner and we enjoy a gran free house (gran goes to bingo with my saint of a cousin Rachelle on Wed. If it weren't for Rach, gran wouldn't go to bingo, nor would she ever win bingo because she can't remember what game they are playing or figure out when she has won, but I digress) anyway, it's my night off. It's quiet, and we can fool around or just have dinner and not have to worry about the 91 year old chaperone who insists on closing the house before dark and who is constantly on patrol asking what I'm doing.

Well things have been hectic and we missed date night last week. No big, we normally go out on the weekend too....but we go OUT and not spend much time in Casa d'Lucy. Well we went OUT to dinner and wandered around and such but by 10 pm we were ready to head home and watch tv. Normal stuff. Well, normal when you don't live with Harriet the Spy.

So we come home, and gran looks at the Dude like he is a serial killer (she's met him at least a half dozen times) and asks who he is in her not-so-quiet stage whisper....and I tell her that he is my boyfriend and we are going to go watch tv....in my bedroom with the door locked because harriet the spy opens every closed door (yes, including the bathroom door. can we say NO PRIVACY?) anyway, we close ourselves in, turn the tv on and turn the fan on and start cuddling.
30 min later the door handle starts to rattle....and I hear gran

"KENNA??"
I try ignoring her

"KENNA ARE YOU IN THERE"

Yes gran, I am. What do you want

"I"M GOING TO BED"

Ok gran.

"DID YOU CHECK THE DOORS?"

I will gran. Goodnight.


I stare at the dude and we start laughing. Seriously? I'm 32. I can't even be in my own room?

I literally start to fall asleep.

"KENNA?"

areyoufuckingkiddingme? again? really?

YES GRAN?

Just checkin! Goodnight!

WTF??????????

Yes she was checking on me.

Fifteen minutes later

*rattle rattle rattle*

I ignore it.

*rattle rattle rattle*

YOU GOT THAT DOOR LOCKED?

YES GRAN. SO YOU WON'T COME IN.

Seriously? oh yes. we are doing this again.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN THERE?

NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. GOODNIGHT GRAN!!!!!

Welcome to my life.

*sigh*

It's gonna be a LONG year.


No comments:

Post a Comment