Thursday, August 20, 2009

FEISTY!

Gran has been a touch feisty since I got home from my vacation.

See I was gone for two weeks and her care fell into the hands of my cousins. Since I've been back she's been on a roll. Last night was a perfect example.

The dude came over and we had dinner. Wed is Bingo night for gran, which means it's Kenna Has the House to Herself night....which loosely translates to date night.

Last night I made dinner and the kitchen was a wreck. I had to clean it but the dude left early and called me as he left....so when gran got home I was sitting on the couch talking on the phone and the kitchen was a disaster zone.

She walks into the kitchen and yells
"Kenna get off that phone and come clean this kitchen"

excuse me? pardon me? I'm 32, you have got to be kidding. Are you really giving me orders?

oh no. I'm not.

"KENNA did you HEAR ME?? I said COME CLEAN THIS KITCHEN"

Oh yes, I heard you.

"I AM ON THE PHONE. WHEN I FINISH I WILL CLEAN THE KITCHEN".

She huffs off.

30 seconds later she is on patrol. Opening and closing evey window and door in the house.

"KENNA COME CLOSE THESE WINDOWS"


"KENNA TURN THAT FAN OFF"


"KENNA GET OFF THAT DAMN PHONE"

Now...it's MY cell phone, I have offered to pay the electricity bill and I live in Ft Knox so there is no ventilation after dark, and I am usually hot.

Welcome home. Gran is on a roll!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment